Spring/Summer Manicure




So since the weather has been decent for a few days, I was starting to get into that spring/summer mood.  I decided I needed a brighter manicure.  I went searching through my stash to find a good pink since hot pink is always a good go to color.  I decided on Revlon's Pink Freeze.  It is a hot pink frost, which I typically stay away from, but this particular one is a good formula.  I then decided to throw on some Claire's nail polish in Candy Shop on top of Pink Freeze for the ring finger and thumb.  This polish is an exact dupe for the heavily sought after (and expensive) Deborah Lippman Candy Shop nail polish.  I was gonna leave it at that, but decided to play around with my nail stamping kit.  I used Pure Ice polish in Silver Mercedes to stamp with, and threw some little white dots onto the middle of the flowers.  I think the silver on top of a metallic pink was a little hard to see, so I'm gonna try the silver over a darker color next.  But the manicure is definitely bright and happy like I wanted!

Also on a side note, my cuticles are a hot mess, since I have insanely dry skin always....and if anyone has a recommendation for a great cuticle cream or oil I'd love to know.  I'd like to find one that really works and could use some ideas!

Enjoy and have a bright happy day :-)