Magnetic Nail Polish

Have you seen or tried the fairly recent trend of magnetic nail polish?  If you aren't familiar with it, the polish has small magnetic particles in it, so that when a special magnet is held over wet polish, it creates designs.  Well, it always intrigued me when looking at swatches online, but for a while it was pretty hard to come by.  Now, several companies have them in the states, as well as more affordable versions than before.  I have two different brands, and probably the only two I will have, Julep and Claire's Magnetix polish.  The swatch I have today is for the Julep brand polish, which I received in my Julep maven box this month.  The name is Kylie, and it is a pretty plum purple on its own, but has silver magnetic particles when used with a magnet.





Overall, I am pleased with the look of the polish.  It is exactly what I expected, but I feel like I am already over it. One problem I had with the Julep brand polish though, is that the magnet it comes with is terrible and does not work.  I used my Claire's polish magnet with the Julep polish and it worked just fine. 

The effect on the nails does look much cooler in person, as opposed to pictures.  If you are looking for a magnetic polish, you can get several brands now at the drugstore.  Check out your local Sally's Beauty Supply for a China Glaze or Fingerpaints one, or I know I have seen a new brand at Rite-Aid.  Application is very simple, and easy to do.  Just make sure you follow directions and you'll get the results you want!

Hope you enjoyed and at least get to try this trend out yourself!