What's the Rage about Orly's Rage?

Ok I know the title is punny, but I find it appropriate.  I have seen so much talk on the internet beauty community about Orly's nail polish in Rage.  It is one of the "hot" colors for spring and summer.  This polish actually came out in Spring 2010 with their Foil FX collection.  This was sort of Orly's answer to the Minx manicure.  There were three polishes, gold, silver, and rose gold, all with a foil metallic finish.  I think Rage has stayed so popular because it is a rose gold, which is way more difficult to come across than gold or silver.  I personally favor rose gold over the other two even in jewelry, so I had to check this one out myself.

Below I swatched the polish between a true gold and silver foil polish.  From bottom to top: Julep Sienna (gold), Orly Rage (rose gold), and L.A. Colors Color Craze in Live (silver).  I wanted you to see a better idea of how it really is a rose gold.



The nice thing about rose gold polish is that it really is appropriate for any season, and it complements so many different skin tones.  This polish is one that pictures do no justice to.  When you see it in person, it just glows, especially in sunlight.  It almost makes you look a little more tan, even if you are fair like me!  It is very opaque even in one coat, but I always do two because I'm like that.  Above, each polish is two coats on the nail wheel. 

I hope you get to check this polish out.  I buy my Orly at Sally's Beauty Supply, but it can be found at most drugstores now. 

Thanks for reading!